Analysis Of E-Office User Readiness In Sumedang Regency Using The Technology Readiness Index Method
Keywords:E-Office, Technology Readiness Index, User Readiness
The government's ability to develop the application of information technology begins with the emergence of the issue of "Electronic Government", namely internet-based governance. Bappppeda of Sumedang Regency is one of the government agencies that has implemented information technology in this Electronic Government including the application of E-Office to address the number of incoming and outgoing letters being managed and the need to deliver letters to other agencies in official correspondence activities. The importance of the role of user readiness in ensuring the success of a new technology, it becomes necessary to be examined in the process of adopting a new technology, ICT is no exception. One way to find out the level of user readiness in accepting and using ICT by adopting the Technology Readiness Index (TRI) method. TRI is able to identify user groups that have a significant sense of discomfort and insecurity because TRI is formed by four personality variables, optimism, innovativeness, discomfort, and insecurity. The TRI assessment was carried out using data from a questionnaire distributed to 35 respondents. From the results of research on the level of readiness of E-Office users at Sumedang Regency, the total TRI value is 1.73 which can be categorized as low technology readiness based on the categorization. Discomfort variable gives the biggest contribution to the total TRI value that is 0.59. The value of optimism provides the second largest portion of the total TRI value of 0.44. The value of innovativeness and insecurity has the same value and is smaller than the value of optimism which is 0.35.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 J-Sin's - Jurnal Sistem Informasi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial— You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.